Did you know that children can drink from an open cup from the moment you start solids?
That's right - 4, 5 and 6 month olds can be taught to drink from an open cup, and supporting them to do so has benefits for development.
1. Open cup drinking supports the development of a mature swallow.
2. It helps strengthen the muscles of the mouth that support speech
3. It promotes sipping rather than sucking which is good for jaw development
4. It prevents liquids from pooling around the upper front teeth
5. It develops their fine and gross motor skills
We've developed Clever Cups to cleverly teach your little one how to drink successfully from an open cup. The straight, non-slip sides are easy to grip, the inside is curved and angled so that fluids flow consistently, the base is weighted to prevent it toppling and the soft silicone is safe for developing teeth.
- Not too shallow and not too deep
- Firm silicone to increase drinking success
- Perfectly angled interior for a smooth flow
- Weighted base
- Ridiculously easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe (to 230°)
- Freezer safe (to -40°)
- Free of BPA and phthalates
- 100% food grade silicone
- Bacteria and mould resistant
Silicone is a wonder of a material in the baby world, most importantly because it’s food-safe and BPA-free. It’s also odour and stain resistant, hypoallergenic and a breeze to clean. As it’s so long lasting and can be used time and time again, this makes silicone a much better and sustainable option compared with plastic.
When you use silicone, you’re saving the planet by choosing products that are made from natural materials (did you know it’s made from sand?!) so ka pai!
We've done our best to capture our beautiful product colours accurately but they may vary depending on your screen settings.